Mold Removal Do’s and Don’ts You Did Not Know About

Mold is an unwanted side effect of water damage and other kinds of unchecked leaks in homes and apartments. Though some types of water damage are more visible than others, if you have faulty plumbing lines or an unnoticeable leak under your sink, chances are, mold has started to call your house its home.

Mold can present incredible harmful health side effects, like sneezing, coughing, eye irritation, nasal congestion, skin rashes, and even difficulty breathing – depending if the person is allergic or not. It’s not something you want running rampant in your home.
We’re here to provide some Do’s and Don’ts for when you suspect there’s mold growing in your house.


  • Attempt to remove large sections of mold yourself! This can be dangerous and you will not be able to remediate it all on your own.
  • Ignore the mold and go on with your daily schedule. It will grow and damage your house to the point of no return.
  • Throw bleach on it and walk away. Bleach is not an effective mold killer. The spores can live on in the air long after the mold.


  • An initial assessment yourself. If there is no visible sign of mold, call us for an evaluation so you are absolutely sure.
  • Call us if the mold is visible in excess of 10 square feet. We will need to set up a containment perimeter and have the mold removed by our licensed professionals.
  • Call us immediately, especially if there are elderly, children, or pregnant women living in the house.